Capsule Wardrobe with Project 333

I've read about the Project 333 "adventure" so many times in my years following Courtney Carver. She's a role model for minimalist/intentional living because she's the queen of gradual, lasting change. She's not the "hurry, hurry!" voice that freaked me out when I read some minimalist blogs. Her writing calms, which is what I need to dig in and get to work.

So Project 333 is all about dressing with 33 items for 3 months. This doesn't include your undies or jewelry you never take off or strictly workout gear. It does include outerwear, shoes, belts and purses, which is why I thought it was cray-cray. Then I got a teensy bit curious and whittled my wardrobe down back here and here. I was still a long ways from thirty-three items and still am.

BUT, I'm down to thirty-three items between clothing and shoes!!! What? For the next three months, I'll be giving this a try. Wanna see my pieces? 




I put this together on Polyvore and found similar pieces for items I couldn't find an image of. I'm pretty excited about all the room in my closet and less decision fatigue (hopefully). I've also noticed myself being more creative in imagining new outfit possibilities. They say no one notices you're wearing less and you get MORE compliments. Maybe because you're always in a favorite? We'll find out. 

This svelte little line-up has shown me the holes in my closet. I need some tights, mainly. Were they all this bad when I put them away last year? And I'd like a bright red pair, I think. A black cardigan may also be needed. 

Would you ever try this? Or do you already have a small selection of clothes choices? I think the trick is having pieces you love because when I gained weight, my choices dwindled considerably, but I had to purchase some things to have a core I actually like. Tomorrow's my first day dressing for work, so wish me luck! 

Hope you have some new beginning that has you excited going into this new year. I groan over these "set times" to do anything (rebel) but at the same time, a lot of things I'd like to leave behind about my 2015 are rolling over into 2016 and this little Project helps. It helps me feel I'm still moving forward and growing. So I'm wishing you some freshness even if you feel stuck in some kind of rut. Ruts make New Years wishes hard to hear sometimes, like everyone's moving one without us but it's not true. We're in this together, at least here at HaveMercy and I'm looking forward to spending 2016 with you, ruts and all.



Comments

  1. I started slimming my wardrobe down a couple of years ago but struggled to include shoes and jewellery! But I've decided to go for it this year and see if I can live with 33 items and actually follow the rules! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started slimming my wardrobe down a couple of years ago but struggled to include shoes and jewellery! But I've decided to go for it this year and see if I can live with 33 items and actually follow the rules! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts