Make Your Monday: Cookies

Oh how I wish I could actually send you a cookie today and make your Monday a little brighter. Ours is super rainy and grey, which can be kind of cozy with the right candle and couch and blanket and book to fall asleep to. It's easy to resent these days though, since the above isn't usually on our agendas. Long ago, I was having a particularly bad day (worse than rain and lack of blankets) and my friend gave me a card that said this: 






Such good advice. I felt compelled to share it with you. The other thing that's so good I'd feel like a hoarder if I didn't share it, is this cookie recipe. 

Say what?! I know. The person who hates to cook is sharing a recipe. Does that make you nervous?

But here's the thing. This is baking. Sooo different from cooking. Way less healthy, with all it's carbs and sugar, but oh, so comforting. It makes the whole house smell like home and the oven makes the kitchen toasty! Not to mention, I've got this cute apron they helped me make at my mom's group. Be it far from me to have a gorgeous apron and no chance to wear it! Especially since,if I don't use it, I have to get rid of it...so I'm usin'. 







Here's what I made...



Indian Corn Cookies

1 c butter 
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 1/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 eggs
1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1/3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 c butterscotch chips
1/3 c white chocolate chips

Instructions: Preheat oven to 375 and soften butter. Use mixer to blend butter with sugars and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Set aside. 

In a small bowl, stir flour, baking soda and salt together. Gradually add it to butter mixture. 

Stir in oats, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Makes 45 cookies.





I like to have a guided tour, no matter what I'm doing, so here's how mine looked throughout the process. Notice how unevenly baked my cookies are in the third picture? That's because I stubbornly like my lightweight, cheap pans and won't switch. 

I will tell you, these are just the treat for fall. Paired with some coffee or cocoa, you'll want to cozy up and take these slow. Mmm-mmm, good. 





Comments

Popular Posts