A Mad Dash

Last Thanksgiving I said goodbye to my mom and sister who were headed off to other parts of the country where their new husbands happened to live. I've tried to be patient with the long-distance situation and I think I've done alright, but it's hard on a girl when my whole immediate family has always been in the same town. Usually, my mom plans to visit on a regular basis, but her husband's been battling cancer (winning too!) which has meant she's not been able to come see us. 

So last week, when the kids' had Thursday and Friday off, we drove to meet my mom and Ben at a halfway point. Brian took the day off to go with us. We ate lunch, played at a park and talked. If you're pinched for time or money, this may be a wonderful way to see the people you love when it's just been too long...





















It was a long day, but it was great to spend some time face-to-face! And guess what she brought me?! My dreamed of butter dish!




Now I'll think of her every time I use it. Yea, for a mom living in antique heaven, a.k.a. Oklahoma!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts