Make Your Monday: Permission

School is starting and while many of us aren't starting school, I was thinking about how squiggly my kids' handwriting is and how it will look one day. When other people can read it. They have lots of room to improve, as do we, non-school-starters. 

What would you like to begin that you're hesitant about because you are so bad at it now? Kids starting school aren't ashamed of their ineptness, but grown-ups get the idea they should've mastered everything by now. And never look foolish trying. Well, I'm done with that. Otherwise I will stagnate and run out of interesting things to talk to Brian about. 

Hence, today's quote:




I don't know who said this first, but in the mind of a recovering perfectionist, it's downright brilliant. I want to see it every day, so it will be gracing my laptop as a wallpaper for a while. Click the link below it, if you'd like it on yours too!


(link)

Begin it. 

Whatever it is. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this! I've been struggling with my novel writing journey for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I think all of us perfectionists get waylaid this way...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts