Skin-Firming Lotion: Two Weeks

So far, the results are, I have an amazingly moisturized stomach that smells fresh and not unlike a walk in an orange grove. Pooch looks about the same as he always has. Don't ask me why he's a he. I don't really know, but it may have something to do with all my stuffed animals have been he's - even the pink elephant. Or maybe it's the resemblance to Davy Jones. Either way, a he it is. 


And apparently, he's not going anywhere. I asked a friend who's lost a lot of weight what her skin-tightening secret was. She said she uses a shake that has amino acids and nutrients designed to help with skin's elasticity. She also credits lifting heavy weights. Something to think about...

Meanwhile, I'm gong to keep this up another week, though I'll stop photographing daily. I planned to do four weeks, but I'm not keen on doing this during vacation if it's not working. And that is coming up next Thursday. The Disney trip we did our No Spend months to save for is right around the corner! I can't even believe we are really going, except that I'm a bear right now. I get like that when I plan something big and complicated that I know I can't get perfect. It irritates me. Sunday wasn't pretty. Total overwhelm. I think I even sulked a while. A nap turned it around for me and now, while I'm still easily irritated, I'm on a mission and things are happening. The list is still long, but I'm plugging away. 

And Monday, I had this epiphany. Most of my stress came from wanting to take along everything that would make this trip cheaper, like healthy snacks from our grocery store. And I really don't want to forget something obvious, like someone's swim suit, so we have to buy one we don't even need, not on sale, in California! Straight. Up. Nightmare. 

Well, it seemed like it until I said it out loud. Then I told myself, "Self, we are going to do our best  to bring what we'll need, but we can't possible get it all. There are simply too many unknowns. Sooo, we're going to work on letting that be okay. Pack like a mad woman, and then relax about buying whatever we'll need while we're there. But do try, really hard, to remember your happy pills."

Speaking of the trip budget, I'm going to give you our simplified, projected spending plan and then attempt to track expenditures as we go. This way, I can give you a run-down when we return. While it may not apply perfectly to you, it will hopefully give you a point of reference for a Disney/CA experience without spending $5000.  







P.S. I finally have a twitter account. I'd love for you to follow me since I post some of my favorite finds by incredible people. I'm also trying to tweet my new posts, so if that's your preferred way to follow, you'll have the option. However, I worked so hard on my nifty buttons up there and now I'll have to squeeze a new one in...which seems like a lot of work to me right now, so follow this link if you'd like to get my tweets anytime soon!!

Comments

  1. Have you heard of those body wrap things? The before and afters are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link that tells about the wrap thing:

    https://www.facebook.com/itworksglobal/app_119255214825893

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that because I didn't realize it affected the skin. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Comfrey is a great skin renewing and regenerating herb.

    http://www.annmariegianni.com/ingredient-showcase-comfrey-the-renewing-and-regenerating-powerhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to check it out - renewal is just what my tummy needs!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your review...I have also been searching for a product that will show my how to tighten skin and loose the saggy/loose skin that seems to have taken over my life! All I do is work out and nothing seems to work. Have you ever tried a mineral bath? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts