Days 9 & 10: Baby Love

Yesterday's Totals:

Total spent: 0.00
Fun money: 17.66

Our weekend was filled with friends: friends from out of town, friends from my study group at church, friends having babies. It was a social extravaganza, but my favorite part was how happy my friend Becca seemed at her shower - glowingly happy. It's wonderful to see her in such a good place as she awaits her new baby girl. I gave her a swimsuit I fell in love with from Mini Boden a while back and earmarked for the "next person who has a girl." It's pink with a ruffle and strawberries all over it. I wrapped with my all-purpose pink polka-dot "Christmas" wrapping paper and relaxed over a lovely breakfast downtown, where they serve all sorts of deliciousness. 

This evening is the school function Brian needed to pay $5 to go to, but he told me someone had owed him money, so he used that to pay for it. Whew! That means we're still goin' strong here on day ten. And, if I get to feeling like I really need to indulge, I earned a $5 gift card to Starbucks with my Shopkick phone app. It gives you "kicks" for looking through small look-books and walking into stores. Sometimes you can earn more points by scanning specific items, so one evening, I took Cadence and Chandler on a scanning treasure hunt. If you have a smart phone, you might give it a try. It took me a month to earn my gift card, but didn't cost me anything (didn't convince me to buy extras while I was in stores). So when that especially frigid day comes and I'm sick and tired of scrimping, I will savor a free fancy coffee fix. 

Total spent: 17.47
Fun money: 5.19

Comments

  1. It's so fun to see the little ways you're provided for this month. Things that might not get notice, suddenly become something special. And what an awesome and full weekend of friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts