How it's Going

Since no one planned on me pretending to puke today, there were a couple things I had to do. I watched my niece for a couple hours and sent a necessary email. Other than that, I did pretty well. No school, no major cleaning, but mostly, no pressure to do things I wasn't up to, so no failing. As a bonus my kids learned ballet from a very competent DVD. Twice. I caught them right before they started it a third time. 

I also called my doctor after a therapist friend (who's a genius and can read my face and know how I'm doing) said, "I'd suggest you ask your doctor about upping your dose (of antidepressants) during the holiday. What you've been through lately would get anyone down who struggles with depression. Don't see it as a failure." So happy pills are coming my way, and while I love being on a low dose because I have fewer side-effects, I can up it for a while to ride this out. I'm not about to jeopardize my merry Christmas. The bah-humbugs are about to get booted. 


In that spirit, I felt a cup of cocoa was in order. If you'd like one, this is my homemade cocoa mix. (The hardest part is you probably don't have the ingredients in your cupboard, so you have to go all the way to the store. Also finding a big enough bowl to mix it in, because it makes a lot. Sheesh.

Mix:         8 qt box of instant milk 
               11 oz jar of dry nondairy creamer 
               16 oz Nestle Quick
               1 box of powdered sugar

Since sizes of mugs vary greatly, I recommend filling your mug a third of the way with the mix and adding hot water. Stir and enjoy. 

I'll leave you with the quotes written on my mug, and later on, maybe tomorrow, I'll be up to saying something about the broken hearts in Connecticut. Tonight, I'm going with a moment of silence and extra squeezes for my two kindergartners. 

The only thing that keeps me going is how brilliant and amazing I am. -unknown

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

Comments

Popular Posts