Thanks #18

























This is the mean machine that makes this blog happen, except yesterday when the internet crashed. (Hence the missing blog for day 17.) But while this machine sends my blogs out, you are where they land, and for that I'm very grateful. 

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be inspired to sit down and express the things I'm mulling over. I don't know if there's an ideal moment for this, but I'm going to tell you my greatest fear in writing you. I'm most afraid, that when I bring my best to you, whether it's a clever simile or a craft or a home photo tour, that something inside you wilts. That you'll be tempted to think you're not enough. I know I respond two ways when someone unfurls their beauty. I either celebrate with them and wonder at the one who made them that way and feel energized to explore my own specialness, or I feel puny and like a wanna-be or a sham and wish that they'd sparkle a little less so I could feel better. 

The second reaction probably comes from feeling like the good is the whole of their story and I obviously know there's bad in mine. That's why I want to be honest here, about the good and the bad. I want to be braver in unfurling the beauty and revealing the struggle. I'm loving having a little piece of internet to call my own, but only if people feel safe here. Thanks for coming. Know that you're wonderful and enough. Relax a little today because you are amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts