Dining room
































This is where we eat. Mostly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but before you stress, those are slip-covered chairs. My favorite piece in this room is the old doctor's file cabinet that we use for our dishes. I still can't believe it was a freecycle find. The chandelier is a pendant light kit from the hardware store paired with a Restoration Hardware drum shade. 


This buffet's on the same wall as the stairs. I keep it's decor simple so we can quickly clear it to use for serving. It holds kitchen stuff we use out here like cookie cutters/sprinkles and kids aprons, as well as serving dishes and silverware. But the windows that hang over it are my favorite because we pulled them out of the attic dormers when we made it into a second story. I told everyone on site not to pitch them. I may have told them each twice. Or three times. So worth it.















I saw a rug design similar to this and it reminded me of a fingerprint. I painted it and while I took oil painting in college, abstract designs are so forgiving, I'd challenge an amateur to try it. Large art can seem untouchable when your budget is small, but this canvas was 36.00 after a 40% off coupon. It took some time, but I love looking at it. 

Comments

  1. Kendra this is a beautiful and yet simple room, i love it!! You are so inspriational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bria! I am hoping to inspire - I never want to overwhelm people. It's a fun process to get things how you like them and it takes time. : ) we've lived in our house 2 1/2 years!

      Delete
  2. I love that your style of displaying art is so intentional and curated--every piece tells me a little about you. My way of displaying art seems a little unfinished and raw compared to yours. Probably because I move things around so often. The art hanging above the dresser that has now been moved doesn't make sense anymore. But I love both ways of display. The details are always my favorite.

    I am so jealous of the doctors cabinet...been looking for one for years to display my shoes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - a dr's cabinet would be perfect for shoes. If I see one anywhere, I'll let you know. I'm also after a card catalog...love all those little drawers! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts