Day 1: Off we go!






















Day one surprised me. My Sunday was relaxed because I didn't have any errands to run on a 
day when stepping outside was knock-the-breath-out-of-you hot. I stayed in and scrapped because I'd bought the supplies a while ago. I contemplated which book I'd like to borrow from a friend or the library and bagged up some things we need to donate. Often I see time when Brian's home as a chance to run errands without the company of two six-year-olds. He walks through the door and I walk out with my list that takes me all over town until I drag back in, exhausted and sometimes grumpy. Not today. It was a little like a day off. 

Brian was exhilarated. He said, "I'm excited to see how creative we can be!" I breathed a sigh of relief because my ideas for our improvement sometimes sound more like a down-grade to him. He warmed up to this idea and before we started, he said he was in this with me, one-hundred percent. I was anxious myself, wondering if I have what it takes, if I'm strong enough, determined enough, wondering if he and I will spend a whole month arguing over what's a want and what's a need! 

I'm sure we'll do some of that, but at the end of day one, I feel glad Cadence and Chandler saw that a family can be happy on a day when they didn't spend a dime. 

Total spent: 0.00
Fun money total: 10.00

Comments

Popular Posts