have mercy!

That's what I thought when I sat down to think up my blog title, mainly because I was searching for the perfect title, which could have taken days to surface. But coming to my rescue was an idea that's been dawning on me. I don't have to do things the way I have before, i.e. white-knuckled grasping to the incredible vision I had for thus-and-such. What?! There are two ways to go about this life thing? So it seems. 

I read about a real lady who served beans three meals a day, in order to run a gigantic ranch with her husband, while raising two small children.* And she didn't feel bad about it. This rocked my world. I wanted to stand on a mountaintop shouting, "The commercials are wrong, people!" Happy people are not always picturesque. I'm okay if there's no warm, cozy glow around me when I fold laundry. My scissors do not have to match the project I'm working on. My words don't have to be eloquent every moment of every day. Even blog titles can be special without too much scrutiny.

And there's the mercy; giving myself a break when the standard's too high. Unrealistic expectations have taken the wind out of many a sail, but it's a new day. After putting this off for years, here I go, bloggity-blog. 








*Half-broke Horses by Jeannette Walls 
Just so you know, I get a small commission if you follow the link below and purchase the book.


Comments

  1. I love it! Thanks for the reminder that the images and commercials all around me have it wrong and we just might be on the right track in our lil imperfect world. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trina! In an age when people's entire jobs are to strategically plan to get us to feel unsatisfied, I think it's harder than it used to be to feel okay. But we are! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts