What I Wore: Week 3

Here's the final line up of my capsule wardrobe outfits. I'll continue wearing the same pieces but won't be forcing any crazy combinations, so I won't bore you with all the repeats. 



After my last outfits post, I pulled out my pink sweater and gave up finding a green cardigan, which I'd included in my last 33 items. I wanted to wear it with my black and white dress, but all the greens I found were too dark or too olive. Now the hot pink pumps and the strappy shoes were too hard to resist on nicer days since I haven't actually removed them from my closet. I'm not even counting the Broncos sweatshirt since I usually wear it to lounge on days when there's a game. Remember, I don't have to include lounging clothes? Whew! 

Winter Capsule

Winter Capsule by kendrakcarlson featuring a button front shirt

Can you tell I'm bored? I don't know if it's the weather or the winter, but I feel a little trapped. Maybe it's because I'm used to buying a new item fairly frequently, even if they're not just right. I'd like to stop that and it doesn't surprise me that change is a little painful, but I'm curious when the, "This is so much easier!" will start. I'm trying to find other people who've blogged about this process to see if anyone's had similar feelings. Am I doing it wrong? Did I choose the wrong type of pieces? Is it going to work if I'm not a "I'll wear that sweater over my dress to pretend it's a skirt" person? 

Have you tried a capsule wardrobe challenge and found it hard or freeing? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!


Comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how many combinations can be made from 33 items! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts