Minimalist Outfits: Jeggings Love

Today features my best friend, the jegging, introduced to me two years ago, by a very stylish little lady who was all of four-years-old. The rest is history. I love them with boots or cuffed with moccasins and heels. My search for jeggings wasn't easy, but if you'd like yours to be, here's my advice. Buy Stella jeggings from Express. That's it. They aren't stiff and they don't remind me of stretch jeans (a.k.a. my worst nightmare). They're stretchy and comfortable even if you've got curves. I accidentally got some others once - Hilda or Hulda, I don't know, but it was not good. They work for the very slim and straight. Stellas, people. S-T-E-L-L-A. I'll warn you, they aren't cheap, but Express coupons take at least $15 off. If you don't have one, hunt someone down who does. Like me. Since this is all I buy there, I usually have coupons I'm not using.































This outfit features my newest additions, found when I ventured into the dangerous side of Target. I routinely avoid the clothing and home decor, making a bee-line for food and cleaning supplies. The boring side of Target is free of temptation, but it's also free of leather jackets and basic striped tees, which happened to be 50 and 70% off. In my down-sizing defense, these bumped out a jacket and tee I'd been frustrated with. The jacket because it had 3/4-length sleeves and there's only two days in Nebraska that that works. The tee because it was solid black, but deodorant had whitened the armpits. No kidding. Apparently the "invisible" has its' limits. I wear this with a locket that's mother-of-pearl, which Brian and the kids gave me for mother's day long ago. 

Total pieces: 6



Stripey Smart

This is the shot of color I need around January and February. I bought this sweater and the last top you'll see today on the same color-hungry shopping trip. The necklace and bracelets are gold which feels right with the red and blues, probably because it's nautical. These trusty riding boots are my answer for, "I have to run  all over town without biting my kids' heads off, but I'm not in the mood for tennies either." 

Total pieces: 4























Poncho Time

I found this shawl on clearance at Kohl's for 3.20. It was early summer and I was dying to wear it for months. I love it, especially with some earrings my sister-in-law made me (wow!). There are a few outfits I really like my hair in a top-knot for, and this is one of them. I wasn't up for hair-doing on the day we took these, so use your imagination. My hair's only recently been long enough to do one, so I'm a little top-knot crazy.

Total pieces: 3





















Sunkissed Orange

This is the second happiest color in my world. Makes me think of a halved cantaloupe and walking in orange groves. It's my own portable happy place when walking outside means getting blasted by wind that has had whole prairies to pick up speed. I love Nebraska, but I could do without its' tundra imitations. This lovely bag is my one and only for winter. I don't do multiple purses in any season because switching annoys me. As a result,  I'm hard on my purses and they start to break after two years, but by then I'm usually ready for a change. 

Total pieces: 2
















Running total: 27 pieces. 

Comments

  1. are those velour leggings in the last picture? they have a sheen to them. if so i need them ;)where did you get? you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, they're all the same pair. I think they look different there b/c they're in the shadow. Sorry but thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wardrobe with us. I love those leggings. I got boots for Christmas and have been searching for the perfect pair of skinny jeans. Might have to check out "jeggings".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Rachel! I hope you love jeggings as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THAT BOMBER JACKET!!! Gah! i die...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts