Day 2: Bread Day

Brian biked like a champ today. Not only did he bike to work, he took his bike to a nearby high school for basketball games tonight. I headed from my workout to the Grain Bin where they sell gorgeous, preservative-free loaves of bread. On Mondays, they are buy one get one free and we go through two loaves a week. My total was 5.55 and the kids enjoyed free samples! Next we went to a big library, farther from our house than the one we usually go to, because the kids had requested it and we've exhausted most of the books on tape at the smaller branch. Hopefully it's not too much of a splurge on gas, since we were already out, but I don't have a good feel for how far a tank of gas goes because I've never paid attention. Time will tell!

Speaking of libraries, I've often thought we should walk to the one close to us. With this undertaking, I'd gotten serious about it. But then I pictured myself carrying the amount of books we usually check out, and what I saw was a very hot, tense, grumpy me. Brian suggested a wagon and I thought it would be nice, but we're not spending. I decided to put a request on Freecycle. It seemed like a long shot, but couldn't hurt either. And as of today, a lady in Lincoln is planning to dig a beat-up wagon out of the back of her garage for us. When she unearths it, she'll text me and we'll be library-bound!



Total spent: 5.55
Fun money total: 14.45

Comments

Popular Posts